Friday, June 25, 2010

Chilled but not Frozen

A summer day is only as good as its night, and with all the heat rolling out, not everyone is going to feel like going buck wild as the sun sets. I've got some phenomenal mellow tracks to help calm you down before you get hyped out of your mind for this weekend (Specifically EDC). First off I've got a great remix by none other than Ed Banger's Mr. Flash that is just a testament of the Frenchman's ability to produce. So many switches from airy to upbeat to mellow and then back again, all while keeping the song seamless. Then Germany's D.I.M. dropped a remix of Demon's "I Think", a melancholy track that D.I.M. takes even deeper and adds his own fidget touch to keep it interesting. And I've heard a lot of remixes of Kavinsky's "Nightcall", and most of them fall short, usually attempting to become the next Danger. However, recently mentioned 8-bit producer Shirobon has done the exact opposite, departing away from his 8-bit roots, speeding up the sample, adding some hard basslines, and still keeping that Kavinisky vibe rolling through the whole track. I highly recommend you grab these tracks and maybe a drink. It's almost the weekend.

Darwin Deez - Up in the Clouds (Mr. Flash Remix) (320 kbps)*
Demon - I Think (D.I.M. Remix) (160 kbps)
Kavinsky - Nightcall (Shirobon Remix) (320 kbps)***

Bonus Banger:
And here's something to pre-game to.
By no means better than the genuine idol, L.A.'s Religion adds some heavy distortion on Boys Noize & Erol Alkan's almost flawless track. Wait 2 minutes in for the drop.
Erol Alkan ft. Boys Noize - Avalanche (Religion Remix) (320 kbps)

No comments:

Post a Comment