Tuesday, January 26, 2010

P-H-O-E-N-I-X







Phoenix played here in Portland's Crystal Ballroom on Sunday and we were lucky enough to get in. The crowd was huge and the show was sold out pretty quickly which was impressive. The show was epic and, honestly, much better than I expected. For becoming basically a pop band they played one hell of a show and changed around the songs well enough. They switched up Everything is Everything into this really slow, mellow number which was pretty decent. It's hard to complain when they played basically everything I wanted to hear, old and new. Definitely covered my favorites: Armistice, Run, If I Ever Feel Better, and a really wicked dirty version of Funky Squaredance. Phoenix has been getting pretty big lately, especially after the release of Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix, which unleashed wave after wave of remixes. I'll admit it, I was sick of hearing new versions of Lisztomania and 1901 after the 3 months in which basically every blog had a new remix on every page. So in true original fashion, I'm doing one as well.

I'm not going to put up the original Lisztomania or 1901 because you should have them already. Honestly, feel a little shame. They're great songs. Seriously. But in case you've wanted to check out some great remixes pick these up. Alex Metric does a great job with Lisztomania, as does Classixx. The Friendly Fires Fences is awesome too. Both of the 1901 songs are great too, but not astounding. If you're bored of the original check them out. Otherwise you'll be alright. I've also thrown up If I Ever Feel Better and Armistice because they are by far my favorite songs, both catchy and fun as hell.


Phoenix - Lisztomania (Alex Metric Remix) (224 kbps)
Phoenix - Lisztomania (Classixx Remix) (202 kbps)
Phoenix - Fences (Friendly Fires Remix) (320 kbps) 

Phoenix - 1901(The Garage Band Teenagers Remix) (192 kbps)
Phoenix - 1901 (What Kind of Breeze Do You Blow _E-Mix) (320 kbps)

Phoenix - If I Ever Feel Better (128 kbps)
Phoenix - Armistice (160 kbps)
Sick show Phoenix. Come back to Portland again.

Bonus:
Ocelot - Our Time (Bird Peterson Remix) (320 kbps)
(The original song is definitely something you should pick up but Bird Peterson lays some glitchy bass lines that add some grime. Give it a listen.)

No comments:

Post a Comment