Thursday, April 29, 2010

I ♥ NY



I went to New York this past March for my 21st Birthday and I gotta say I got nothing but love the city. On my first visit to NYC I saw Caspa and Benga at Webster Hall, Kicked it with Richie Beretta at Alibi on my Birthday and fell through a trapdoor to a storage room under the sidewalk walking home wasted at 4:30AM. Best B-Day ever! But seriously though, New York City is really sick, the depth of talent in that city alone is ridiculous and the fact that you can buy drinks till 4AM ensures that it truly is the city that never sleeps. Speaking of talent, we got new music from Big Apple locals Holy Ghost! off the new EP and a remix of their label, DFA, founder James Murphy's group LCD Soundsystem.




Some people say that New Yorkers aren't the friendliest bread, if that's true than lifetime resident and DJ/Producer/Musician Richie Beretta is a dramatic exception. He's the nicest dude ever, and one of the illest producers in a very talented city. I got mad love for this dude and his music, check out some of my favorites.



BONUS BASS from two more filthy NYC Residents.

No comments:

Post a Comment