Saturday, May 29, 2010

Add Some Spice in Your Life

It's getting hectic ladies and gentlemen. There's been so much new music dropping it's getting hard to keep track. I'm here to help and share with you some of the great beats that I've dug up over the past week or so that may not be getting the spins they deserve. Let's get it started. Gustavo Rozenthal and Felipe Lozinsky make up the Brazilian duo Felguk that run with Giant Pussy Records. They just dropped this gem of a song, "2Nite", with Atlanta's Sporty-O gracing the track with some lyricism. You really need to pick this up if you haven't heard it. There's a nice little switch up around 3:50 in that makes the drop that much harder. Well done boys and big ups to Techno Color Kids for the track.

Felguk - 2Nite ft. Sporty-O (320 kbps)

I first got into Burns around this time last year when he remixed Linus Love's "Prom Night". The UK DJ just released a new EP with the name of "So Many Nights" and the single is amazing. Really smooth, nice ride with some heavy bass. It's hard to find songs that aren't really in your face intense but still have that heavy bass. Check it out and if you like it go purchase the EP.

Burns - So Many Nights (Radio Edit) (320 kbps)

Those wacky Dutch people keep putting out crazy house music and it keeps blowing up. But I'm not going to give you that. Instead, I've got those funky Australians doing the same thing. Sweat it Out!'s duo Yolanda Be Cool and their friend DCUP collaborated to create the funky but fantastic "We No Speak Americano". It's got this old country charm with a really addicting, beeping synth that just sticks with you through the whole track. Definitely worth your time.

DCUP & Yolanda Be Cool - We Speak No Americano (320 kbps)

I hope you're getting familiar with Aston Shuffle because I see much more from them coming in the future. And if it's as good of their new remix of Kissy Sell Out's "Garden Friends", I'm all for it. Kissy Sell Out are already a great indie band and with Aston Shuffle chopping it up, the song becomes a great summer jam to listen to with the windows down and the bass turned up. The vocals may seem unpolished and grating in the beginning, but trust me, they'll grow on you.

Kissy Sell Out - Garden Friends (Aston Shuffle Remix) (192 kbps)

I got turned on to My Dear Disco by our friends over at ilictronix. They just dropped a remix of Todd Edwards' "I Might Be" that is great and a must have. I heard another remix of the song a bit back and thought that the vocals were great but something just wasn't doing it. My Dear Disco fixed that issue and really made the vocals connect with the rest of the song, resulting in what sounds like something that Calvin Harris would make if he were a little harder. Check it out and let me know what you think. If you like it, head over to ilictronix for some more My Dear Disco coverage.

Todd Edwards - I Might Be (My Dear Disco Remix) (320 kbps)

Finally, I've got London's very own NAPT coming out with the new song "Dateline". There's really not much to say about it, the song is just solid from start to finish. It's got a great bass line that rolls really well right along with the song, the sample is perfect, it drops and breaks right where it should, and it's just, overall, a textbook example of good electro. I'm definitely going to keep my eye out for more of their stuff.

NAPT - Dateline (320 kbps)

Bonus:

For those of you who watched the video we posted of Rifoki at Hard down in LA, heard their cover of "New Noise", and went "Shit, that is fucking dope," I have good news for you. The Bloody Beetroots got together with Refused and remastered the song into perfection. Not only this, but they gave it away for free in 320. I honestly don't know what more you could want.

No comments:

Post a Comment