Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Afrojacked

I'm not going to lie, I was not a fan of Dutch DJ and Producer Afrojack for a long time. He has popped up everywhere making a ton of music in the process, most of which ends up being slobbered all over by every major blog across the board. It seemed like I can't go a week without seeing some new Afrojack remix being touted as the big next thing and, personally, I was always underwhelmed. A fair share of his stuff is just not my style. But I feel I've been too hard on Afrojack. Homie is a damn good producer, his builds are epically well constructed, and some of the tracks he creates sparkle like a god-damn diamond.

If you think you don't like Afrojack then the tracks below are specifically designed to make you change your mind. He's put out so much music, a lot of which I got turned off by, it can be easy to write him off. DON'T. Here are the cliff notes. Definitely listen to the No Beef set rip he did with Dim Mak mogul Aoki, and listen all the way through. The end is what changed my mind.

If you do like Afrojack, then you should catch him down at EDC in L.A. at the end of June. He'll be rocking the Kinetic Field stage after his Dutch amigo Laidback Luke. And if you love electronic music at all then do yourself and check out EDC's lineup; definitely worth a trip to L.A.


Afrojack - Bangduck (Original Mix) (320 kbps)
Afrojack & Steve Aoki - No Beef (HQ Rip) (320 kbps)
Lady Gaga - Alejandro (Afrojack Remix) (320 kbps)
Jason Derulo - Whatcha Say (Afrojack Remix) (320 kbps) (I know, I know. Actually the best remix of the song I've heard.)
Afrojack - Real High (PeaceTreaty Sierra Neveda Remix) (320 kbps)

No comments:

Post a Comment