Thursday, May 20, 2010

Wait, Wait, Wait...Fuck

I hope all of you have been enjoying all the great music that has been coming out lately. I'm here to share with you some of the tunes I've been diggin' on for the past few days that might have slipped under the radar. First up I've got a new remix by Tokyo's Hierophant Green of his own track "Uh Lala" that has this real nice clubby dance vibe. I barely see many Japanese producers getting love and ever since Shinichi Osawa graced us with his masterful LP, "The One", I decided to keep my eyes out for talent from the land of the rising sun. Hierophant Green is more a pop producer but the tracks I'm putting up are examples of his groovier side. Check out the new remix and grab "Fxxxxn' Birthday" while you're at it.

Hierophant Green - Uh Lala (Self Remix) (192 kbps)
Hierophant Green - Fxxxxn' Birthday (192 kbps)

I know N.A.S.A.'s "Gifted" has been done to death and the remix I'm throwing up is living proof. This is not a remix of the original but a edit of a remix of the original. Ugh, just typing that makes me feel gross. I'll be honest, after Aoki's shot at the song I was about to swear off of the song entirely just because I was so sick of hearing Kanye talk. But that's the best part of fellow blogger DSCO's edit of Technocracy favorite Aston Shuffle's remix. No Kanye. It's all built around Lykke Li's singing so it feels fresher and more original. Pick it up.

N.A.S.A. feat. Kanye West, Santogold & Lykke Li - Gifted (The Aston Shuffle Remix) (DSCO EDIT) (320 kbps)

To finish up I've got some remixes of some stellar rap songs that really meld with the electro fools mapping the songs behind them. TC, though he may be hit and miss, came through with a remix of Bruno Mar's crooning through B.o.B.'s "Nothin' on You". Given how annoying that song is normally, I was impressed he made is actually listenable, even enjoyable. Give it a chance till around 2:00 when the beat really drops. And definitely peep this Wale song remixed by "Bird Peterson". While it might not be as heavy as usual Bird Peterson work, it is one of the smoothest songs I've heard in a real long time. Enjoy that with your girl or boy and get real close. With that I'm out.

B.o.B. ft. Bruno Mars - Nothin' On You (TC's Switch-Up Extended Version) (320 kbps)
Wale - Freaks (Bird Peterson Remix) (256 kbps)♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment