Friday, May 14, 2010

The Amplifetes


So I was wandering through our inbox and stumbled upon some Swedish gold. The Amplifetes are a group of four dudes from Stockholm on label Amp Music. They just dropped a new EP called "Whizz Kid" last November and are gearing up to let loose a whole album. If the songs I got my hands on are any indication, then it should hot fire. Check out "It's My Life" for sure, the vocal chops are sick and the beat is great. Sounds really similar to Soulwax in a good way. I'm a sucker for indie-rock electro vibes and this song definitely hits a sweet spot. Their newest track "Whizz Kid" is solid as well, though not as brilliant as the first. You can grab all these tracks below as well as a decent remix by Blende, a duo from across the pond. Regardless, check these boys out and keep an eye on them. They're coming out to do a world tour after their album drops so here to the hope they stop by in Portland.

The Amplifetes - It's My Life (160 kbps)
The Amplifetes - Whizz Kid (320 kbps)
The Amplifetes - Whizz Kid (Blende Remix) (320 kbps)

No comments:

Post a Comment